Remodeling an old swimming pool could be a daunting task to do yourself, but with professional help home-owners can focus on the outcome and enjoy the process.
Some critical aspects that need to be re-evaluated during the planning phase of a remodeling-project:
- The effectiveness of the pump-and-filtration-system to keep water crystal clear;
- Installation of electricity- and water saving equipment;
- Resurfacing of the pool lining, i.e. Marble pool plaster of fibreglass
- Fixing of any leaks and structural problems.
- Water temperature;
- Safety of the pool for children and grandchildren;
- Replacement of old pipes;
- Adding additional lighting; and
- Although very costly, this would be the right time to changing the size if really necessary.
Click on the links below to view some of our swimming pool projects where we remembered to take photos 🙂
- Dainfern Beauty
- Banana Split Extravaganza
- Roman Style swimming pool
- Natural cladded spa pool
- Swimming pool with autumn slate tiles installed on surrounding walls
- Silver Lakes and Waterkloof Ridge swimming pools – all with a new installed fibreglass lining
- Natural fish pond in Swavelpoort, Pretoria East